Updated 20th January 2021
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Please note that when you register with Classified Car Club, we may ask for personal information. Classified Car Club will be the sole owner of the information collected. All personal information held by Classified Car Club is stored on our secure databases. We may share some information with third-parties who provide support and analytical solutions, to help us better support you as one of our users.
We may collect the following information, inputted by you, of which you have a choice to provide:
– Your email address
– Your name
– Your location
– Your preferences
– Your images
We require this information to firstly provide the Classified Car Club service. It is used to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
– Internal record keeping.
– We may use the information to improve our products and services.
– We may periodically send promotional messages about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided (you will be able to unsubscribe).
– From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by your email address or any other communication method you provide us. We may use the information to customise Classified Car Club according to your interests.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the visitor’s hard drive (device storage) containing information about the visitor. Advertisers at times require cookies to track statistics about products and locations, but at no time are these linked to any personal identification.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from and links to other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use WordPress analytics to analyse website statistics. This does not collect any personally identifiable information, and is used for statistical analysis, such as visits and page hits, to improve our service.
Emails and messages to/from us
Record of some emails sent to and from Classified Car Club are kept for security purposes in the interest of all parties.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
– Right to access: You have the right to request copies of the personal information we hold about you at any time.
– Right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
– Right to erasure: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information from our records.
– Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict how we use your personal information.
– Right to object: You have the right to object to the collection and use of your personal information at any time.
– Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information in a legible and compatible format.
Exercising your rights in relation to your personal information
You can exercise all of your rights by contacting us.
If you have an account on this website, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Data Protection requests under the Data Protection Act 1998 can be emailed to the address below and will be responded to within 21 days of receipt.
Data Protection Controller – Any requests are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Where we send your data
How we protect your data
We use an encrypted secure connection over HTTPS for our website domain and server/hosting connection.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We take precautions to prevent such procedures being actioned, however, if a breach does occur we endeavour to provide a fast, actionable and thorough analysis of any breach that takes place, to further protect your data at that time and in the future.
What third parties we receive data from
None, at this time.
Changes of our policy